Most of my publications are from my Ph.D. days. Since then I have been working for companies that do not easily allow external publication of internal research and innovations, preferring to file patents instead.
- US 10,040,628 B1, Item Replacement Assistance, Aug.7, 2018.
- US 9,996,818 B1, Counting inventory items using image analysis and depth information, Jun. 12, 2018.
- US 2018/0096451 A1, System and method providing automatic alignment of aerial/satellite imagery to known ground features, Apr. 5, 2018.
- Co-inventor on an additional eight patent applications currently under review.
Book Chapters & Journals
- A. Misra, A. Sowmya and P. Compton, “Incremental engineering of lung segmentation systems” In Ayman El-Baz (Editor), Jasjit S. Suri (Editor), Lung Imaging and Computer Aided Diagnosis, CRC Press, ISBN: 439845573, 2011. [ amazon.com ] [pdf]
- L. Massoptier, A. Misra, A. Sowmya and S Casciaro, “Combining Graph-cut Technique and Anatomical Knowledge for Automatic Segmentation of Lungs Affected by Diffuse Parenchymal Disease in HRCT Images“, in International Journal of Image and Graphics, Volume 11, Issue 04, October 2011. [link]
Conferences and Workshops
- NEW: Oleg Rybakov, Vijai Mohan, Avishkar Misra, Scott LeGrand, Rejith Joseph, Kiuk Chung, Siddharth Singh, Qian You, Eric Nalisnick, Leo Dirac, Runfei Luo, “The Effectiveness of Two-Layer Neural Network for Recommendations”, International Conference on Learning Representations, 2018. [link]
- A. Misra, A. Sowmya and P. Compton, “Incremental System Engineering Using Process Networks“, Pacific Knowledge Acquisition Workshop 2004, as part of Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI) 2010, Daegu, Korea, pp. 150-164, Aug. 2010. [link] [draft] [pdf]
- A. Misra, A. Sowmya and P. Compton, “Impact of Quasi-expertise on Knowledge Acquisition in Computer Vision“, International Conference Image and Vision Computing New Zealand, Wellington, NZ, pp. 334-339, Nov. 2009. [link][pdf]
- L. Massoptier, A. Misra and A. Sowmya, “Automatic Lung Segmentation in HRCT Images with Diffuse Parenchymal Lung Disease Using Graph-Cut“, International Conference Image and Vision Computing New Zealand, Wellington, NZ, pp. 266-270, Nov. 2009. [link] [pdf]
- A. Misra, A. Sowmya and P. Compton, “Incremental Learning for Segmentation in Medical Images“, IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro, Arlington, Virginia, USA, pp.360- 1363, Apr. 2006. [link] [pdf]
- A. Misra, M. Rudrapatna and A. Sowmya, “Automatic Lung Segmentation: A Comparison of Anatomical and Machine Learning Approaches“, International Conference on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing, Melbourne, Australia pp. 1-6, Dec. 2004. [link] [pdf]
- A. Misra, A. Sowmya and P. Compton, “Incremental Learning of Control Knowledge for Lung Boundary Extraction“, Pacific Knowledge Acquisition Workshop 2004, as part of Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (PRICAI) 2004, Auckland, NZ, pp. 1-15, Aug. 2004. [pdf]
- M. Rudrapatna, A. Sowmya, T. Zrimec, P. Wilson, G. Kossoff, P. Lucas, J. Wong, A. Misra, S. Busayarat, “LMIK – Learning Medical Image Knowledge: An Internet-based medical image knowledge acquisition framework“, Internet Imaging Conference of SPIE, San Jose, vol. 5304 p. 307 Jan 2004. [pdf]